Thursday, October 6, 2011

TV Review: Parks and Recreation 4.03-- Born and Raised



I knew going into this episode that it would be difficult to top last week's Tammys extravaganza.  And yet, Parks managed to outstrip even my high expectations, again.  Every single person in this episode had something funny to do, and it was outrageous and topical while also moving the larger plot line forward in a much-needed way.  "Born and Raised" is my favorite episode of this season so far, and we're only three weeks in-- that can only bode well for the future.  Here are the soundbites I loved most:

"We removed most of my poems, emotional ramblings, and pictures of unicorns."  --Leslie, on how her book was edited to be more campaign-friendly

"The Time Traveler's Optometrist"  --pronounced by Leslie to be "unreadable," and I absolutely believe that

Ben:  "Wow, you guys are really cute together."
Tom:  "I'm cute together with everyone."

Leslie Knope:  Author, Immigrant

"There's only one man for the job... Burt Macklin,FBI."  --Andy

"I will get my one minute of small talk, dammit!  It will be casual, and it will be amicable!"  --Ann

"That's a...powerful metaphor."  --Ben

"Quick, start talking about nerd stuff!"  --Tom to Ben, trying to ward off Joan's advances

"Let's just say the message boards are going nuts."  --Ben, world's most lovable nerd

"Pawnee Hospital was overrun with raccoons at the time."  --Marlene Griggs-Knope, on why she had to birth Leslie in Eagleton

"I wonder who else was born in Eagleton...Voldemort, probably."  --Leslie

Aaaand let's just leave it at that.  Fantastic episode was fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. Is she going to powder her vagina?

    Nefertiti's Fjord.

    Thanks for sharing, Jenny.

    SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete