Thursday, May 5, 2011

Parks and Rec Looks at Life on the Other Side of the Fence


Pawnee vs. Eagleton.  Love it!  This show just has so many dimensions that emerge week by week; I can't get enough.  The comparisons were really great, I especially loved the cupcake-induced vanilla air.  I also loved that we got another little snapshot of Leslie's history-- it's getting hard to believe there will be a development that won't make me love her even more.

Parker Posey, who I did not care for up to this point, played typical rich snob Lindsey with the perfect amount of venom and condescension.  And by the time the garbage fight started, you could hardly blame Leslie for tackling her. 

The episode wrapped up on a heartfelt note, restoring our faith in Leslie as the right gal for the job she does.  Loved her conversation with Ron (and loved that it followed the entire episode of him trying to avoid having his birthday celebrated), and loved the baseball league.

There wasn't much of Ben and Leslie during this episode, which I expected given that the emphasis on them has been pretty heavy over the last few episodes.  This is okay with me for two reasons:  one, the episode gave us a great moment of Ben talking Leslie down (and I imagine he's the only one she would've listened to), only further convincing me of their perfect-ness; and two, not only are we getting a double dose of Parks next week, one of them episodes is supposed to center almost entirely on everyone's favorite couple.  I can wait another week to watch that pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment