Friday, May 13, 2011

TV Review: The Parks and Rec Gang's All Here...and They're Wasted


I've decided to recap each half of last night's Parks and Recreation Double-Shot Bonanza individually, if only because I'm anticipating having a lot to say, and most of my thoughts on "Road Trip" are still gushing and hitting random keys on the keyboard.

I don't think I fully realized that Leslie and Ann have never had an honest-to-goodness fight before, but I really liked the way the show handled it.  Each of them got a lot off her chest, and even though they were all viciously hungover the next day (literally and figuratively), they resolved it in a way that was very honest and realistic.  Bonus points for having Ben be the one to extend Leslie's olive branch on her behalf, and double bonus points for it leading to Ann's revelation that his feelings for their yellow-haired friend were mutual.

As someone with an absurdly high tolerance for alcohol, I'd be very interested to try Snake Juice.  It sounded right up my alley-- caffeine, booze, Kahlua-like flavor-- but I digress.  I loved the way that everyone jumped on board with Tom's latest crackpot scheme, with hilarious results.  Just seeing how everyone reacted to the drank was worth the entire episode, especially Leslie's angry demands that Jean Ralphio "dance up on her."

Overall, this episode was not only hysterical, but it was a great setup for the next installment.  It ended up being a huge blessing that they both aired in the same night, because I think I might have died of anticipation if NBC had made me wait seven whole days to find out what was coming next.

No comments:

Post a Comment