Friday, May 13, 2011

TV Review: Community Concludes in a Galaxy Far Far Away



City College Conspiracy!  Star Wars references that I (embarrassingly) only half-get!  Meta-analysis of the show and the group dynamics!  Must be finale time at Greendale Community College. 
And this episode delivered in true Community fashion.  We got an epic conclusion to the paintball war, lots of laughs, and some genuine chaos. 

Things I loved:  the “epic” score throughout the battle sequences; every joke involving Leonard (“I’ve been in several actual wars, but this is the most terrifying”); the smoothness of the motif switchover; Annie and Abed (wtf?); Pierce saving the day in a twist that felt straight out of a cheesy action movie; and so much more.

No shockers like last season’s conclusion, but some lingering questions.  Is Pierce really done with the study group (my money’s on no, but we’ll see)?  Will Annie and Abed pan out, or are we going to be treated to more of her acting like a whiny high school girl next season?  Where was the Troy and Britta payoff (or even additional tiny hint) that I’ve been waiting for?  Why is Shirley not home with her baby (I did love that they poked fun at that)? 

I liked that the show ended on a note that it’s spent most of this season on.  It didn’t leave me on the edge of my seat for next week, but it delivered a lot of unexpected laughs, and I can go into the season three premiere in September ready for more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment