Tuesday, April 12, 2011

From Me to You


"He who speaks loudest is not always right."  (author unknown, also I may have paraphrased a bit)

It is indescribable how much I wish I could pass this tidbit of wisdom on to many of the people I encounter every day.  I think we definitely all have a phase where we believe we know everything, and also that everyone else wants to hear our opinion stated as though it's fact.  I grew out of that phase eventually (although when confronted in an argument with someone who's still there it is tempting to revert), and I think that's because I was just slapped in the face by life telling me "Nope, actually Andrea, you're wrong.  And you're kind of a d-bag."  I think we all need someone to tell us that once in a while.


The most unfortunate thing about college is the phenomenon of kids who have gone their whole lives without the revelation of their douchiness.  In fact, some of them have been praised for their pretentious ways, and it's definitely gone to their heads.  So I guess I'm posting this to help them, as well as those of us who have to put up with them. 

"Nope, actually ____, you're wrong.  And you're kind of a d-bag."

You're welcome, and please, feel free to pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment