Thursday, April 28, 2011

TV Review: Community Delivers


"I don't want this baby's first memory to be Star Burns!"

My goodness.  Of course Shirley was going to deliver her baby on campus (with Abed as her "doctor", no less).  I loved Britta being terrified of the whole situation, yet still trying to be supportive.  This episode was a genuine triumph for her, and she was probably the least grating she's ever been.  And of course Chang trying to prove he was the father/offering advice, and then ultimately helping calm Shirley down.

Not to mention:  "Don't tell any doctors I said this, but at this point the bus kind of drives itself."

Also, any time Donald Glover brings himself to tears is gold.  I loved him in this episode.

NBC, you stop with those annoying, screen-occupying "The Voice" promos.  You stop right now.

Those are just my instantaneous reactions to this episode.  Overall, it was a weirdly joyful, silly installment-- in other words, the perfect May sweeps kick off for the Greendale gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment