Thursday, April 21, 2011

TV Review: The Office Tugs at the Heart Strings...Again


Goddamn, Office writers, what are you doing to me?  Two out of the last three episodes have made me cry real tears-- it's getting embarrassing.  And I already know that there's going to be something in Steve Carell's final episode that is going to repeat this awful trend.

Honestly, this was a pretty average episode up through the Dundies-- many of Michael's hijinks from the original episode were simply recycled and refurbished, but that was okay because we knew it was a throwback.  But when they all burst into song at the end there?  Every minute of this suddenly too short half hour was worth it.

So the Office team knocks another one out of the park, and there's just not much more I can say about it than that.  I can't wait for next week, because any doubts I had about the show's ability to send Carell off in style are long forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment