Tuesday, April 19, 2011

TV Review: How I Met Your Mother


Man, this episode was full of little tidbits.  Yes, they sometimes came at the cost of some of the funny, but I think on the whole it was worth it.  We got some foreshadowing with both Barney and Robin, and the part of my brain reserved for television analysis and theorizing got all giddy. 

First we had Robin's crush from the department store way back when.  Not only was there some legitimate chemistry there, but thanks to Ted's voice-over we got a hint that there's definitely more to come in that story.  I liked the break in point of view so that we could hear mystery guy's phone conversation about her, and I could definitely get on board with this couple in the future.

And as for Barney, gosh my little heart just melted a little.  What can I say, I'm a sucker for damaged guys (but that's a discussion for later...).  Anyway, the scene in the car with his dad was one of my all-time favorites of his, and of course I loved getting more hints that our favorite playboy is coming around on the idea of settling down.  This only reinforces my prediction that the wedding in the season finale will be Barney's, and I've just had an awful thought:  what if they don't show us who the bride is?  I feel like that would be unfair, given that the clues that Barney is the groom are stacking up, but then again it would be just like the writers on this show to give us a tiny bit of something and keep the rest hidden away. 

In any event, another great episode, and in what seems to be a trend this half of the season, one that had some genuinely heartfelt moments.  I'm excited, as always, for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment