Tuesday, April 12, 2011

TV Discussion: Can Glee End on a High Note?

(I can't stop giggling at how adorable these two are together.)


If the Glee writers are willing to follow my advice, they can launch into May sweeps and give us a finale for the ages.  The show isn't back until next Tuesday, so I decided to write a post about the things I'd like to happen the rest of the season.  Asterisks are next to the ones that I think are actually realistic possibilities and not just my own wishful thinking (prediction:  there won't be a lot of them).  Here we go.

*Blaine and Kurt being the most adorable couple ever (this one has already been pretty much confirmed by Ryan Murphy, so it's kind of a gimme)

Rachel and Puck giving it a real shot.  Pretty please?  I think that would be the perfect detour for her from Finn, and it would be a great way to get him back on track after he inevitably screws things up with Lauren.  I think I feel so strongly about this because the Finn/Rachel/Puck triangle reminds me of LOST; Rachel's Kate, Finn is Jack, so she obviously needs Puck to be her Sawyer for a little while. I'm only okay with her going back to Finn if she dates someone else in between-- Rachel's at the point where she needs to either be alone (which the writers seem incapable of allowing) or with someone who doesn't crush her confidence.  Whoa, that was a long assessment of something that probably won't happen.


*Santana and Brittany.  I don't feel too strongly about whether they get together or not, but especially for Santana this plot line needs to not fall by the way side.  She's clearly going through some serious shit, and I need Glee to let it happen.

Bring Sam back.  I know he's still there, but he's gotten so boring since breaking up with Quinn.  I miss him being a nerd all the time.

No more Schuester episodes.  He's with Gwyneth, awesome.  I don't need to hear anymore about it until you have a plot line that isn't solely devoted to whining.

Nationals.  They're going, but I have serious doubts that the event will be as epic as I'm hoping.  Also, I realize now I don't actually know whether they're actually going before the end of the season.

Some kind of cliff-hanger or intrigue.  For a show that inserts so much gratuitous drama, it seems silly to not have at least some questions unanswered by season's end.  In my opinion, this was the only thing wrong with the "Journey" episode, which of course was otherwise pretty much flawless.

A promise that Cheno will not be making her umpteenth appearance next season.  This is not the show for her, and if we look deep into our hearts we all know it.  Hear us, Ryan Murphy, I don't want to endure another April Rhodes variety hour, and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Mercedes doing something other than hanging out in the background.  Ditto for Artie. 

Minimize the Sue.  Seriously.  I've said it before, and I'm sure my next review will find me saying it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment