Saturday, April 9, 2011

Inspired

Last night I attended a benefit concert at my school, hosted by our A Capella group.  The show was great, in addition to being for a great cause.  What I love the most about opportunities like this-- opportunities which don't often occur for free outside of college life-- is getting to see people who are passionate about something performing their art, and doing so simply for pure love of what they do.

Apart from wanting to gush to everyone and anyone who would listen about how talented my peers are, it also left me inspired.  Seeing other people so open with their own art always reminds me how important mine is to me, and it motivates me to work harder. 

It can be really hard to make writing a priority, especially with everything going on (and even harder to justify making writing a priority), but moments like these remind me why I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment